TP-Link DOCSIS 3.0 High-speed modem
TP-link modems are the most reliable internet serving device from TP-Link. The TP-Link DOCSIS 3.0 modems are one the best modems available in their stock. The DOCSIS series from TP-Link is antenna free as it has some really strong antennas inbuilt that render a great wireless connectivity to the nearby Wi-Fi devices.
TP-Link modems need to be connected to the router and these two networking equipment needs to be connected to the computer system afterward. TP-Link modems also need to be set up through its default IP address 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. However, it is recommended that the user should access the configuration page through the specific web domain www.tplinkwifi.net.
Just enter the default username and the password in the required fields when required. The default username and password is “admin” for both the fields.
TP-Link modem setup through http://tplinkwifi.net
TP-Link modems are quite convenient to configure and the beginners can also configure it within no time. Just follow the below mentioned steps to configure your TP-Link modem successfully.
- Open the TP-Link modem and assemble all the essential components enclosed in it like the Ethernet cords, power adapter etc.
- Now connect the modem to the computer system with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Switch on the modem power supply and wait until the indicator panel gets stable. You have to wait until the lights on it get stable to proceed for further configuration.
- Now, open the latest web browser on your PC and enter the web address www.tplinkwifi.net in the URL bar.
- Authenticate the login window with a default username and the password. The default values for both the fields are “admin”.
- The username and password are case sensitive values.
- Navigate to the Internet WAN tab and select the appropriate connection type as PPPoE.
- Fill in the required information for the username and the password fields provided by your Internet service providers.
Import things to remember about TP-Link modem
- This username and password are solely provided by your DSL provider for setting up the internet connection.
- This username and password should not be used anywhere else.
- Keep these login details safe and secure with you.
- Now, click the save and apply changes tab in the left menu pane. Then if you want to change the modem login password, click on the security button and enter the new password that you want to set.
- Again click the save and apply changes tab and then click the reboot tab.
Important hack- It is important to note that the above-mentioned setup guide applies only to the TP-Link modems and whereas the TP-Link routers has a bit different method for its configuration.
TP-Link modem setup through WPS button
One another method of getting your TP-Link modem connected to the computer system is through the WPS button.
The WPS refers to the Wi-Fi protected setup. What you need to do is just press the WPS button given on the back panel of the router.
The user has to open the Network and internet settings section of the computer system and see the progress bar of WPS connection.
You can also confirm the connection by checking the WPS LED of the modem.
Now, if you want to configure the modem for the internet services, then follow the detailed guide mentioned above in this post.
Resetting the TP-Link modem
Although the TP-Link modems have a rugged and reliable hardware, still there are chances when you need to perform a factory reset on it. Some of the common cases in which the user needs to reset the router are listed below.
- Forgetting the login password
- Modem malfunction
- Frozen Modem (Lagging)
In all the above-mentioned cases, the user will need to perform a factory reset to the TP-Link modem. Below is the detailed guide for resetting the modem.
- Insert a long pointed object i.e. a paper pin or a needle into the pinhole of the reset button.
- The reset button of the router is placed deep inside a pinhole at the back panel of the modem.
- Press and hold the reset button for at least 5 seconds till the lights on the display panel get off and on.